Zurück zur Taverne

Legend 3 setup (French edition error?)

Legend 3 setup (French edition error?)

Beitragvon andorblue1 » 22. Juli 2019, 13:42

Hello,

while reading on BGG I've been very surprised to see the setup for Legend 3 was different compared to my French edition.

Here is what I have:

* Gor on 9, Troll on 30 and that's all: I see in other languages that you reveal 5 creature tokens and apply them at setup?
* Place runic stones and herbs as usual
* 3 peasants: 24, 28, 33: seems like there are only 2 in other languages?
* creature tokens are placed on B, D, E, F, H: seems like you place them using dice in other languages?
* roll a dice to place the prince, then he leaves 4 letters later
* 2 strength per hero, 5 gold for the group
andorblue1

Re: Legend 3 setup (French edition error?)

Beitragvon Panatzu » 24. Juli 2019, 21:36

Hey :) everything is the same compared to the german Version but the creature tokens will be placed by roling the dices
Panatzu

Beitragvon andorblue1 » 25. Juli 2019, 08:58

Interesting! I think there has been 2 editions of this legend then because there definitely is another setup (with only 2 peasants, where you reveal tiles at setup, ...) on the internet. Maybe it was too difficult and they changed it in subsequent printings?
andorblue1

Beitragvon Ragnar » 25. Juli 2019, 09:36

Vakmar hat geschrieben:Hello BWT,

BWT hat geschrieben:Maybe there is some list of all changes in new version somewhere?

yes, you will find it here:

Grundspiel-Varianten | leichter spielen
On page 4, post 4 + 6, Mjölnir compares the old version (red) and the new regular version (green).
On page 2 Mjölnir compares the old version (red) and the
"new-green-cards-version" (green).
Green cards = to play easier.

Vakmar

VG Ragnar
Ragnar

Beitragvon andorblue1 » 25. Juli 2019, 10:02

Ragnar hat geschrieben:
Vakmar hat geschrieben:Hello BWT,

BWT hat geschrieben:Maybe there is some list of all changes in new version somewhere?

yes, you will find it here:

Grundspiel-Varianten | leichter spielen
On page 4, post 4 + 6, Mjölnir compares the old version (red) and the new regular version (green).
On page 2 Mjölnir compares the old version (red) and the
"new-green-cards-version" (green).
Green cards = to play easier.

Vakmar

VG Ragnar

Thank you, I've read the thread and understand the changes now.
One last question: in the current version, do you apply at setup 5 creature tokens on the board, then put 5 more creature tokens with the dice on the narrator track? Or do you only place 5 on the narrator track?

It wasn't clear in Mjölnir's post.
andorblue1

Beitragvon Panatzu » 26. Juli 2019, 05:16

First you take 5 random creature tokens and do what they say da than you Roll the dice to place 5 more
But not more than 2 in 1 letter
Panatzu

Beitragvon franakin74 » 28. Januar 2020, 21:46

Hello, is is possible to see the card A1 and A2 from the latest print by Kosmos in german and english from the legend 3. There's a lot of confusion about the creatures tiles and farmer. Thanks a lot.
franakin74

Beitragvon andorblue1 » 31. Januar 2020, 09:17

franakin74 hat geschrieben:Hello, is is possible to see the card A1 and A2 from the latest print by Kosmos in german and english from the legend 3. There's a lot of confusion about the creatures tiles and farmer. Thanks a lot.

I'm French like you but here is what I understand:

* there are 2 German versions of legend 3, the original version and the current version. The only meaningful difference is that in the new version, there is 1 extra farmer (field 24, 28 and 33 now)
* early prints of the French edition were with the original version or at least a modified original version, but now it uses a modified current german version
* the reasons for those modifications are unknown, but the impact on difficulty is staggering:
* current German version: you apply 5 creature tiles. Then, you place 5 tiles on the track using a dice (no more than 2 per space). French version: place tiles on B, D, E, F, H :shock: :shock: :shock:
* for all versions, you also place the Gor on 9 and Troll on 30

I personally use the German version, as the challenge is greater but still doable. I also use the 3 farmers, it just makes sense.

The annoying thing is that the French version has other mistakes like that. For example, it states that the black runic dice replaces 1 dice, but it actually replaces ALL die. I've also identified mistakes with Arbon; I'm curious if there are other mistakes like that, it's very difficult to identify given that you'd need to have both the French and German version. Notably, are there any mistakes for the recent 'Forgotten Legends' box?
andorblue1

Beitragvon franakin74 » 31. Januar 2020, 16:31

What I saw is that in the newer german version, we dont apply 5 creatures at the start of the chapter ??? That is way to easy for me !!!
franakin74