Zurück zur Taverne

Competitve mode

Competitve mode

Beitragvon BWT » 5. Mai 2016, 18:34

Competitve mode a-la Runebound. Sorry for Google Translate.

Goal of the game:
Heroes travel the Andor, develop and prepare for the battle with the dragon. Who was the first win of the Dragon, will win the game.

Setup:
Remove from golden deck event cards with numbers 18, 20 and 27, and remove a silver deck cards with the numbers 2 and 11, and then mix the two decks into one. Put the resulting deck in the appropriate place.

Remove from creatures tokens 3 tokens about creatures movement. Mix the remaining tokens. In the case of a group get will points - ignore this instruction.
Open and complete the 4 creatures tokens , put per 2 tokens on B, D, F, H.

Put Skral a C cell and trolls on the cells E and G. When the narrator comes to them - locate them with 6-sided and 10-sided dice.

Identify with 6-sided and 10-sided dice position 5 of 6 runic stones, 2 herbs and Gors (5 for two players, 6 for three, 7 for four).

Put the Dragon on the cell 84.

If the game is played with a warrior set prince Thorald on cell at 0 (in the castle). In is in this game, its mercenary.

Select the characters and prepare all the components necessary for them. Each character starts the game with 3 points of strength, 7 points and 2 will gold on the cell corresponding to his rank.

Each player receives 3 event cards face down. During the dawn of the event the card is not opened. Each player starting from player on rooster can play one event with the hands or to replace one of the events in the hand for a new one from a deck or do nothing. After playing card player immediately take the new one from deck.

Changes in the rules:
Monsters do not move and are always in their places.
The narrator does not move forward after killing a monster, just at dawn.

Fog:
Spyglass operates as usual, but when the hero looks fog tokens, he is not showing it to the other players. Activated fog is performed as usual.
If the hero is activated Gor in the fog, the Gor exhibited on the field and attack the character from the ambush - the Gor throws 2 red dice (the same results are added) and adds to this his power 2, the hero loses will points, what is the result. The hero does not waste time. It can reflect the damage only by shield. When activated, events, event card is taken from the deck.

Witch:
Archer buys a potion of a witch on the price of 2 gold, other characters for 5 gold. These prices are valid regardless of the number of players.

Goods:
Bow allows you to attack from a distance of up to 2 cells.
Wineskin allows you to move to a distance of up to 4 cells (each side allows you to move to a distance of up to 2 cells).
Shield works as usual with the exception that cancels the effect of negative events, acting on several characters, only the hero, applying shield (for example, for all heroes of the woods or to the magician and gnome). Cancel the general negative event (removal of the well), can be performed by any player.
Falcon allows you to pick up any open items from one cell of playing field, if not prohibited by other regulations. Falcon also lets you in one round of a battle to turn one of the monsters dice (including the dragon) on the opposite side. This is valid for any character (that is, you can help the monsters in battle against another character). Two different falcon can compensate each other. Make a decision about the use of this falcon is necessary before throwing a monster dice.
Helmet operates as usual.
Spyglass operates as usual, but when the hero looks fog tokens, he is not showing it to the other players. Activated fog is performed as usual.
Witch's brew operates as usual.

Joint Battle:
Heroes can carry out joint battle if they want, but then they will have to share the award. Against the dragon, you can only fight alone.

Runic Stones:
Only the mage can open, lift and use the rune stones. Black Cube becomes available only after all five rune stones will be opened. To pick up a rune stone, the magician must pass the test of will: spend 1 hour and strikes black cube, the result is added the number of dozens of field number, if the will of the mage is equal or greater than this value, he receives the rune stone, if it is less, then he loses 1 point of will.

Changes to the heroes:
In this mode, can participate only 8 characters mentioned below:

Warrior:
Only a warrior can hire a mercenary in the castle. To do this, he must pay 4 gold. After that he can move to 4 cells for 1 hour of time. If the mercenary is on the same cell with the monster, he adds four forces soldier in the battle against the monster. Mercenary can be used in combat against other heroes.

Mage:
Only the magician can open, lift and use the rune stones. Black Cube becomes available only after all five rune stones will be opened. To pick up a rune stone, the magician must pass the test of will: spend 1 hour strikes black cube, the result is added the number of dozens of field numbers, if the will of the magician is equal and greater than this value, he receives the rune stone, if it is less, then he loses 1 point will.

Archer:
Archer buys a potion of a witch on the price of 2 gold, other characters for 5 gold. These prices are valid regardless of the number of players.

Dwarf:
No changes.

Tarus:
Can wear a big item.

Guardian Black Archives:
It reduces power monster, but does not reduce the award, also acts on the Troll. In the battle with the hero reduces the strength of the hero on the 3, but not less than 0. Has no effect against the dragon.

Keeper of the river lands:
Water spirit can begin to battle alone, the battle takes place in the same way as if the hero is fighting alone: ​​the power is taken as the card hero of the battle result is applied to the hero himself, you can use items. Reinforced cube only applies if the hero of the spirit and the water are in the same cell. Water spirit helps other hero only if player want to.

Kirr - time magician:
In combat, always throws 2 dice, instead of 1.

Events:
At the beginning of the game, each player receives three event cards face down. During the dawn of the event the card is not opened. Each player can play one event with hands or replace one event from the deck. Shield works as usual with the exception that cancels the effect of adverse events, acting on several characters, only the hero, applying shield (for example, for all heroes of the woods or to the magician and gnome). Cancel the general negative event (removal of the well), can be prformed by any player.

The battle with the dragon:
Against the dragon, you can only fight alone. Dragon has 20 strength points, in a battle rolls two red dice (the same results are added). Before the start of each battle with the dragon select 3 of random battle cards with a dragon. The hero must perform 3 successful rounds against the dragon, that all 3 cards over, then he will win. If the hero can not cope and someone starts the battle with the dragon again, you need to re-select 3 of random cards out of five.

For easy dragon mode: 2 cards and 2 successful rounds.

Death of a Hero:
If any character points will drop to 0, he loses 1 point of strength, and his time counter go on the dawn. If daring hero comes during a sunrise phase event, he loses a whole day.

The battle against another character:
The hero can attack another character immediately after the action of "movement" or "movement ally" or right to attack another character, without any other action, but after a battle with another character, turn in any case will go to other player. Offensive hero spends hours defending - no. As a reward, the winning hero can pick up all the property of the defeated. several heroes can attack another hero in join battle. Hero can ask for help from a hero nearby.

If the figure of the narrator reached the N, and the dragon was not defeated, then everybody looses.

Playtested 2 times - good, but dragon is hard.
BWT

Re: Competitve mode

Beitragvon Jeedai » 6. Mai 2016, 04:57

I really like the idea of this mode, because it is something I thought about myself.
To me there are some questions:
1. Why can only the Magican use the Runestones? Wouldn't it be a great help for the Archer too during a fight with other Heros?
As I tried to create a VS-Mode, i realized it would be hardest for the Archer to Battle against others. I'm worried, the Warrior would for example would pick on him... Did you play with an Archer? How did it all worked out for him?

2. By fighting each other, the Heros operate in the usual way, right? This means, the battle ends with on Heros WPS falling to 0. Would this have the same affects as you discribed it (strenght reduced etc)? Or will this only happen as result of a hero losing against a Monster? Because I think, the Warrior (the big bad Bully :D ) and his Mercenary Thorald would be powerfulk enough to hold down other characters, just by defeating them in Battle after Battle, once the Warrior is a little bit stronger...
3. Wouldn't it be a great help for all Heros to control the Mercenary, not only the Warrior? I mean... He is a Mercenary :D

Thank you for this idea anyway!
I would love to test it myself!

PS: Sry if my English is not the yellow from the egg. ;) :D
Jeedai

Beitragvon BWT » 6. Mai 2016, 07:53

Hi!
I'll try to answer your questions!

1. Main goal is defeat the dragon, not other players. Because it's long and reward is not big.
So, for beating the dragon heroes must provide more than of 22 strength, this is because the must use witch brews or rune stones.

I wanted to each character have some advantages and disadvantages, so mage must open all 5 runes to use black dice, for it time archer will buy some witch brews for 2 gold.

2. Yes, the hero can lose willpoints and fall sleep :) It works with monsters and with other players. Warrior have long build-up path, because he buy strength for 2 gold and witch brews for 5 gold. Also it's very hard to catch other player with mercenary, because you will need 2 turns for moving, another hero can escape.

3. Mercenary and little bit more willpower - is only advantages of warrior. He can build up for 100% beating the dragon, but it's long. Because of a pressure from other players he must go with only 10 or 11 strength points to try beat the Dragon.

--------------------------

We playtested it with 2 players (Warrior and Tarus) - Tarus wins, because Warrior (I) too concentrate on the build-up 14 strength points - typical error :)

Another day playtested with 3 players (archer, mage and guardian of black archives). We're all goes wery close to each other in build up process. SO, because of the pressure from other players we all go to the dragon at the same time and not prepared enough. I was the archer (14 SP, 3 witch brews and only a half of shield)... We all try to beat the dragon and all lose :) It's realy hard - very randomize. But it's so triumphic if you win!

So, there is the easiest mode for the dragon: only 2 cards.

It's like every character build up strength for take attempt to beat the dragon :)
BWT

Beitragvon BWT » 6. Mai 2016, 08:02

Also i advise to put north fog tokens (without +1 fame, and Gartz don't give free item) at sunrise field and adding them each sunrise in fields, where fog was activated (except fields with heroes) starting from lowest.
BWT