Zurück zur Taverne

Tiny Technical Questions re: Chada & Thorn

Tiny Technical Questions re: Chada & Thorn

Beitragvon minorweaver » 16. April 2017, 15:06

Hi all,

Apologies for posting in non-German, but I’ve had an unusually hard time pinning down rulebook clarifications over on BGG for Chada & Thorn and, alas, there’s no official English rulebook for me to consult. (One great day, Gerhard Hecht’s masterwork designs will also be published in obscure and unpopulated countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom, where people speak a little-known dialect known as English!)

Questions:

1. When the active player passes a piece of equipment to an adjacent co-hero, does the equipment card have to be at the front of one of the active player’s columns before it is passed, as opposed to anywhere within their three-column tableau? I’m assuming that yes, it must be at the front, and that the action of passing the card is triggered by the card itself which, as with any other card action, means it must be at the front of its column. Maybe this is a silly question with an obvious answer, but I just wanted to confirm.

1A. When passing that equipment card, it can be placed at the back of any one of the other hero’s columns, yes? The players choose which?

2. Also to confirm: Thorn may pick up arrows along a route in order to later pass them to Chada so that she can use them (although she must first place them at the back of a column), correct? So he may pick up, carry, and pass them but may not use them himself?

3. Lastly, is it only the first hero to land on a bonus field who gets, say, +1 Willpower or the Hourglass, or can the other hero later land on the same space, once clear, and pick up the same bonus?

Thanks in advance! I must say, this game impresses me mightily. It’s a topographical puzzle that requires, and then richly rewards, a patient probing of its hidden complexities and subtle intricacies. Well done, Mr. Hecht! Although I’m not surprised, for the ingenious Kashgar dazzles me endlessly. I still can’t believe these outstanding games haven’t been published in the US or UK.
minorweaver

Re: Tiny Technical Questions re: Chada & Thorn

Beitragvon Dwarftosser » 16. April 2017, 17:03

Greetings minorweaver,

1. As far as I know an equipment card has to be at the front to be passed to another player.

1A. You´re right, the players may choose at which column the equipment card shall be placed.

2. Yes, Thorn may pick up and carry arrows but (logically) Chada is the only one who may use them.

3. The bonuses of a field stay active, as long as there is no other hero character on this field. So one hero could gain the bonus from this field and the other one can get it aswell. But only if he lands on this field while it is empty, the other hero would "block" the bonus like he blocks negative effects. Futhermore, it is possible that one hero gains the bonus of a single field multiple times by moving forward and back to that field.

I hope that I could answer your questions correctly and that there will be a translated version of the additional Andor-Games soon
Dwarftosser

Re: Tiny Technical Questions re: Chada & Thorn

Beitragvon minorweaver » 16. April 2017, 18:36

Ah, great! Thank you so much for the clear and concise explanations. A very big help to me. The game is so carefully tuned that I wanted to make sure I wasn’t making small but significant technical mistakes over and over again in the course of playing.

Stefan
minorweaver